April 11, 00:00
Feyenoord O15 logo
PSV O15 logo
  1. Match report

    After having played a two-day tournament in Rotterdam last Easter weekend, the under-15 team went to Rotterdam again today. Today's opponent was Feyenoord. An opponent that also faced the tournament on Easter Monday. Then in the final battle for places 3 and 4. PSV won the match with a 2-0 victory.

    Both teams have also faced each other twice in competition. In Rotterdam, PSV won 0-2 in the autumn series. Feyenoord equalized in injury time in the Champions Pool.

    In the champions' pool you can speak of a three-way split. Utrecht, AZ and Ajax form the leading group. The middle group consists of VVV, Feyenoord and PSV. And Heerenveen and Willem II close the ranks.

    A win today would put Eindhoven over the Rotterdammers. But they would have to win first.

    On a greasy and bumpy outfield, both teams kicked off. The early stages were messy from both sides. Feyenoord had more ball possession, but could create few chances. PSV was able to get through danger twice through Sekou Sidibe, but could not find the net either. The game was more balanced in the last quarter of an hour.

    In the second half there was more to note (fortunately). Again Sekou Sidibe was threatening in the 44th minute when he suddenly struck hard with the right. However, the Feyenoord goalkeeper had a good eye for it.

    A little later, it was Sem van den Broek who pounced on the goalkeeper after good passing by Vince Colpaert, while he also had the choice to play the free Sekou.

    In the 51st minute, PSV were lucky when a Feyenoord header was cleared out of the goalmouth. It was a reprieve, as 5 minutes later it was 1-0. A free kick from the center circle landed at a post where as many as 3 Feyenoorders faced 1 PSV player. One of them headed the ball back where a Rotterdam teammate shot the ball in: 1-0.

    PSV had to take more risks which gave Feyenoord space and chances. But Kyan van Dorp made some fabulous saves.

    With 5 minutes left to play, PSV had the chance to equalize. Sekou Sidibe had a strong action on the left and made it to the back line. His pull ball reached Sem van den Broek but he could not finish.

    After Kyan van Dorp made another fine save, it was Arne Bens who headed in the equalizer one minute before time. The preparatory work came from Mohammed Ihattaren.

    Despite no less than 9 (!?) minutes of extra time, no more goals were scored. Final score 1-1. A result that did not help either team.

    Next Saturday at home against leaders Utrecht.

    Kyan van Dorp; Shurandy Sambo (54' Joey Verhoeven), Koen Oostenbrink, Mathijs Bel, Bryan van Hove (36' Mohammed Ihattaren; Evert Linthorst (38' Damian Timan), Davy van den Berg (c), Vince Colpaert (53' Arne Bens); Gregory Kuisch, Sem van den Berg, Sekou Sidibe.

    Yellow cards: Koen Oostenbrink and Damian Timan (rough play).